Sewing for children has become a passion, along with learning new techniques and spreading the word about how awesome sewing can be. Learn about sewing, crafting and even a little about me and life in general.
I hope you will find a home here and return often.
Hello! I am joining Heather over at Acting Balanced for this weeks addition of Monday Quiz About Me. Every week Heather has four questions that she post for all of us to answer plus we each add our own fifth question. It is a lot of fun and we learn alot about each other. If you are interested in joining the fun, head on over to Acting Balanced and join us! I guarantee that you will enjoy it.
Here are this week's five questions:
1. What are your favorite pizza toppings? 2. What is the strangest name you've ever heard for a child? 3. What is the best vacation you've ever gone on? 4. What is your favorite quick summer meal? 5. My question this week is...Do you ever sleep in or do you always get up with the chickens? Here are my answers for this week: 1. I love pepperoni, extra cheese, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion on my pizza and sometimes I have them add some bacon too! Yum 2. The strangest name I have ever heard is the names of two little girls that grew up across the…
Welcome to Monday Quiz About Me. I am joining Acting balanced and several other bloggers that get together every Monday and answer the 4 questions Acting Balanced gives us and the one each blogger adds to it. Five questions in all and the 5th one is constantly changing. It is a lot of fun, if you are interested in joining us head on over to Acting Balanced and Monday Quiz About Me.
1. If you could be on a reality tv show which one would you want to be a part of?
2. You have the power to create one law, what would it be?
3. How's your weather today?
4. Other than the country you currently live in, where would you want to live?
5. My question is ... What is your favorite sport to watch on television and will you watch any of the Olympics this year.
Now, on to my answers:
1. If I could be on any reality tv show it would have to be Who Do You Think You Are. I would love to have all the means made available to me to find out about my ancestors. That would be a dream come true.
This week I am joining up with Acting Balanced for the Monday Quiz About Me. Every week she has 4 questions to answer, plus a 5th question can be added by me. This is loads of fun, so if you wish to add your blog to the list and join us, visit Acting Balanced and join up!
Here are the questions for this week, plus one of my own.
1. What are two must haves when you go on a road trip?
2. What is your favorite amusement park ride?
3. Post favorite picture from the last six months?
4. What do you (did you) call your grandparents? If you are a grandparent what do your grandchildren call you?
5. With record breaking heat in most of the country this summer, what have you been doing to try to beat the heat?
Here are my answers:
1. My two must haves for a road trip are a cooler filled with ice and bottled water or soft drinks and my Ipod and speaker.
2. In my younger years I loved all the amusement park rides, but I have to admit that a nice ride on the carousel is about all I can han…
Something about looking at this picture makes me take a deep breath and relax. It makes me wish the days of retirement and living at the beach were here now and reminds me of the saying "it's 5 o'clock somewhere"!
What a great time we had at the beach. Not only sun, sand and surf, but lots of quality time with the family! Atlantic Beach and the entire Bogue Sound is beautiful and I must add that it is wonderful having family that lives there, knows the place inside out and has the means to take you (by land or by sea) to all the great places to visit!
We began our visit by going to the Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores . We all had such a great time and saw so many wonderful and different kinds of aquatic life. It was very hot and windy the day we visited the aquarium, perfect for indoor activities.
We visited an island in the sound named Sand Dollar Island. It is a place that is only visible when the tide is low. It was kind of hairy getting there, because of all the sand bars it was difficult to navigate, but it sure was worth it! When the island rises it is a sand dollar lovers feast! We all found sand dollars. Did you know they are actually dark brown when they are living and only tu…