Monday Quiz About Me 7-23-12




Acting Balanced


Hello! I am joining Heather over at Acting Balanced for this weeks addition of Monday Quiz About Me.  Every week Heather has four questions that she post for all of us to answer plus we each add our own fifth question.  It is a lot of fun and we learn alot about each other.  If you are interested in joining the fun, head on over to Acting Balanced and join us!  I guarantee that you will enjoy it.

Here are this week's five questions:


1. What are your favorite pizza toppings?

2. What is the strangest name you've ever heard for a child?

3. What is the best vacation you've ever gone on?

4. What is your favorite quick summer meal?

5.  My question this week is...Do you ever sleep in or do you always get up with the chickens?

Here are my answers for this week:

1.  I love pepperoni, extra cheese, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion on my pizza and sometimes I have them add some bacon too!  Yum

2.  The strangest name I have ever heard is the names of two little girls that grew up across the street from my mother when she was young.  Their last name was Pigg and their names were Ima and Ura.  I still laugh when I think of Ima Pigg and Ura Pigg.  Their parents had a real sense of humor!  I am sure they had a tough time in school!

3.  In 1984 my family and I ( x-husband and 4 children) set out across the U.S. to attend the Olympics in California.  We were gone for 8 weeks.  We visited Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, Grand Canyon, Carlsbad Caverns, St. Louis, Dodge City, several events of the 1984 Olympics, San Diego Zoo and a bunch of other places.  My children were aged 11,9,4 and 2 and at the time it was very exhausting, but I have the most wonderful memories of that time and even today just thinking about it brings smiles, laughter and even some tears.  It was by the far the best vacation ever!


4.  My favorite summer meal that is quick and tasty is a grilled Ribeye steak and a baked potato.  I love it, it is quick, easy and very yummy!


5.  I try to sleep in every once in a while, I have to get up at 4 AM during the school season so during the summer I sleep later than that!  I would like to sleep until 10 or so on some mornings, but I am usually up before 8 and always up by 8:30.  If I sleep later than that I wake up in a panic, don't really know why I do, but it is a terrible way to wake up!


Hope every one has a wonderful Monday!  


Keep an open eye for my new Etsy shop, it will be opening soon.(Glo's Crafty Creations)  I will also have a new post up later today with a little preview of some of the items that will be for sale.    

Happy Sewing!

Comments

Nani said…
Ima and Ura, how awful! I bet they changed their names as soon as they could!

My Dad had neighbors when he first came to America, in an Italian neighborhood in Detroit, named Primo and Segundo; Italian for first and second!
Wayne W Smith said…
That sounded like the ultimate family vacation! Well done. I am still laughing at those names too. Perfect.
Arlene said…
I'm definitely a morning person. The latest I wake up is 7:30 unless I'm sick. Even if I don't get a good night's sleep I'm usually up before 8am.

I'm all for a sense of humor, but I would feel terrible for those girls, especially Ima. Not the smartest parents on the block, that's for sure.

Have a blessed week!
Kathy said…
One thing about it, with names like those girls, you'd have to grow up to have a sense of humor!

As for your vacation, that sounds like "the ultimate vacation" :)

Can't wait to check out your Etsy shop, to see what you've been creating!
Jennifer said…
When I don't have to work, or when I don't have other obligations, I always sleep in! Love, love, love it!
I can't believe your neighbors were named that! How awful! That vacation sounds amazing! Some sites I'd really love to see. And I love your summer meal, we actually had that a few nights ago.
Anonymous said…
I have to be up by 6:30am during the week for work, so I try to sleep in on the weekend. But usually I'm up by 8am at the latest those days.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween and Meet Me On Monday!

Pillow Talk and The Week in Review

Monday Quiz About Me 8-13-2012