Twenty Minute Pillowcase Dress
This is the easiest dress ever and takes only ten to twenty minutes from cutout to finish! Even though it is called the pillowcase dress, I actually made this one from a remnant I had. I plan on donating a dress like this dress to the Little Dresses for Africa Charity. Here is a link to their website. This dress is cut to fit a size 2 ( a child about 2 years old). I cut a rectangle 19 by 21 (21 being the length). The pattern on the website is made from an actual pillowcase and does not cut out the armholes, just leaves an unstitched area at the top of each side seam to fold under and stitch for the arm area,( here is a link to the directions for the dress using a pillowcase on the website) I personally do not like the looks of that style, so I cut a wedge about 31/2 inches across at the top and angling down to nothing to the side ( about 4 or 5 inches long). I just eyeballed it, no particular measurements. With wrong side...
Comments
Visit The Other Side Of Cool
Tweet me! @othersideofcool
Mom used to say I wouldn't figure it out if it were right in front of my face (what if she was right !)>
Nice works; there are so many wonderful fabrics available in the fat quarters.
Much appreciated!
All Best,
Carolyn
Emily
www.emilyathome.com