Sewing for children has become a passion, along with learning new techniques and spreading the word about how awesome sewing can be. Learn about sewing, crafting and even a little about me and life in general.
I hope you will find a home here and return often.
Subscribe to this blog
Follow by Email
Monday Quiz About Me 8-13-2012
Hello and it is once again time for Monday Quiz About Me! Yep it is all about me, well and you too! Heather at Acting Balanced has this great MeMe every Monday. She list 4 questions everyone that is participating answers and then we each add our own question for number 5. It is loads of fun and if you would like to join us, just click the link above and sign up!
Here are this weeks questions:
1. How was your weekend?
2. What is your favorite kind of candy?
3. If I say the word 'high' what do you think?
4. What are you most looking forward to about Autumn?
And my question for number
5. Do you use a laptop or a desktop computer?
And my answers:
1. My weekend was wonderful just way too short, but it always is! I did get a lot of sewing finished and had some fantastic news. (More on that at a later date).
2. Well I used to love the candy bar Mr. Goodbar until I bought one several years ago at a small market. As I was eating it I thought I saw a peanut move only to realize it was a maggot. UGH! After throwing up for about one solid hour I was able to get over it, but I have never eaten another one and most likely never will! I no longer have a favorite candy. :(
3. If I say or hear the word high I immediately think of dizzy. I have such a huge fear of heights that just thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach!
4. The thing I am looking forward to about Autumn is Tennessee Football! I love the Vols and am hoping for a wonderful season! We certainly could use one, but I will be watching and cheering them on regardless!
5. I used a desktop for many years, about four years ago I bought my first laptop and I will never go back to using a desktop again, well I hope to never go back to using a desktop again! I love my laptop!
This is the easiest dress ever and takes only ten to twenty minutes from cutout to finish! Even though it is called the pillowcase dress, I actually made this one from a remnant I had. I plan on donating a dress like this dress to the Little Dresses for Africa Charity. Here is a link to their website.
This dress is cut to fit a size 2 ( a child about 2 years old). I cut a rectangle 19 by 21 (21 being the length). The pattern on the website is made from an actual pillowcase and does not cut out the armholes, just leaves an unstitched area at the top of each side seam to fold under and stitch for the arm area,( here is a link to the directions for the dress using a pillowcase on the website) I personally do not like the looks of that style, so I cut a wedge about 31/2 inches across at the top and angling down to nothing to the side ( about 4 or 5 inches long). I just eyeballed it, no particular measurements.
With wrong sides together, I serged the side seams with a narrow seam, …
I have had a dental problem this week and not felt up to snuff, even with Fall Break being this week, I have had to push myself to accomplish anything. Well after checking my comments, I feel tons better!
Thanks to Cecelia at App Savvy Mama I am happier and even this problem I am having cannot get me down! Cecelia awarded me the Liebster Blog Award. It is an award that recognizes new blogs and bloggers with less then 200 followers. If you are not familiar with Cecelia at App Savvy Mama please check out her blog. She has so much information about free apps, games and wallpapers for Iphone, Ipod Touch and Ipad.
In accepting this award you agree to :
Copy and paste the award to your blog.
Thank the person that gave the award and link back to their blog.
Pass the Award on to 5 blogs and let them know by commenting on
Hope they pass on the love by accepting and passing it on to others.
Have you ever had one of those days when you just wanted to kick yourself? Well I had one of those last weekend! I had made a darling Tennessee Vol set encluding a dress made of Tennesse Vol fabric, an orange and white Korker ribbon elastic headband, and a Tennessee Vols plush blanket for my grand-daughter's baby shower and forgot to take a picture of it before I wrapped it. I was so angry with myself, but I decided I could just take a picture when she opened it. Well, what is the saying about best laid plans? I didn't want to just take a photo of my gift so I was busy taking all kinds of photos and before she was able to open my gift my camera's battery died. So..there you have it, really wanted to kick myself in the butt!
The shower was awesome tho and I did get some great photos. She received so many beautiful and useful things and she and her husband, plus the two grands and the one Great Grand..me, were very happy and excited.