I've Been Tagged



I have been tagged  by Camille at Crazy Mama's Blog.  I love her blog, it is always such a pleasure and joy to read.  It takes me back to when my five children were small and all the funny things that happen with small children, especially with children and a breast-feeding mom!  Thanks for thinking of me Camille, I hope I make you proud!  LOL

The Tagged Rules are as follows:


1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things yourself.
3. Answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post.
4. Cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tag­ging sec­tion about ‘you are tagged if you are read­ing this.’    Blah blah blah, you legit­i­mately have to tag 11 peeps!

11 random things about me:

1.  I must watch the news every day!  I am watching it now at 6:00 PM.  I guess I am afraid something terrible will happen and I will not know the very second it happens.  If the local news is not on  then my television in on CNN most of the day. Even if I am not watching it, I want it on "just in case".   I know, obsessive behavior!

2.  I hate to admit that I am getting old.  I just had my 59th birthday and I already know that number 60 is going to be a killer.  I know, I know,  birthdays are better then the alternative, but still!

3.  I rarely cook at home, I am so lucky to have a wonderful hubby that does all of that for me, but sometimes the clean up is worse then cooking...just saying!

4.  I drive a truck instead of a car and I really love it!

5.  I love my computer and all my friends in computer land. 

6.  My proudest moments are watching my children interacting with their children.  Ahhh the joys of being a Nana!

7.  I love listening to my Ipod when I sew and when I clean, it makes me feel good.

8.  I often wonder what my Dad would think if he could come back for one day and see all the changes that have taken place since his death in 1972.

9.  If I am not sewing, or watching the news,(honestly I do watch some regular tv) I am usually reading.  

10.  I would love to come up with an idea for my own "successful" business.  ( I secretly hate my job!)

11.  I have been known to write poetry, I hope to one day be brave enough to publish some of it.



Camille's 11 questions for me

1. What annoys the heck out of you?
2. What is your favorite junk food?
3. What are your favorite tv shows?
4. What are your favorite movies?
5. What is your New Year's resolution?
6. What do you do to relax?
7. Are you a parent? If so, what are your kid's and/or pet's names?
8. What is your dream job?
9. What was your favorite subject in school?
10. What is your favorite animal?
11. What is your favorite celebrity?

My Answers

1.  One thing that annoys the heck out of me is when the person in front of me in the checkout lane waits until her order is completely finished and then slowly opens her purse, searches for her checkbook, searches for a pen, and then takes forever writing a check to pay for the purchases.  Drives Me Crazy!!

2.  My favorite junk food has to be chips or nuts.  I am a saltaholic, I know how bad it is for my blood pressure, but I just can't help myslef.  I try not to even have that stuff in my house!

3. My favorite tv shows, besides the news lol, are comedies.... The Big Bang Theory, 2 1/2 Men, How I met your Mother and dramas ..... Grey's Anatomy and Body of Proof.

4.  Some of my recent favorite movies are..." The Help" and "Water for Elephants".

5.  One of my New Year's Resolution is to start my regular everyday walks again and to really get serious about controlling my diabetes.  I have let that  slide since Thanksgiving.

6.  I sew or read to relax, but listening to my Ipod also relaxes me.  

7.  I have five children and their names are (oldest to youngest) Jinnifer, Carrie, Travis, Nicholas, Zachary. I also have two stepdaughters, Tina and Teresa. I have a yellow lab named Buddy, I also have two cats, Sissy and Scooter Pooter.

8.  My dream job would be to have my own television show demonstrating sewing techniques.  I think that would be so awesome!

9.  My favorite subject in school was English.  You must remember I graduated many years ago so forgive my many grammatical mistakes!

10.  I love dogs and cats, but I think it would be so awesome to live where I could look out of my window and see a kangaroo!  

11.  I really don't get into the celebrity thing, they are people just like anyone else and put their pants on the same way, however, I would love to meet Nancy Zieman of Nancy's Notions and Sewing with Nancy, or Martha Pullen of Sew Beautiful Magazine and Martha's Sewing Room.


Questions for those I have tagged:

1.     Do you know how to sew?
2.     Do you go to the movies or wait for the DVD?
3.     What was your favorite gift you received this Holiday Season?
4.     If someone was going to prepare your favorite meal, what would it be?
5.     How many brothers and/or sisters do you have?
6.     Do you live in a small or large city and do you like it?
7.     What is your fondest childhood memory?
8.     What is your first childhood memory?
9.     Do you cook breakfast or just east something quick like cereal?
10.   What, if any, resolutions have you made for the new year?
11.   If you were going to write a book about your life, what would the title be?

My tags are:

Reflections by Kathy                      A Work In Progress
Blooming Lovely                            When It's Only Make Believe
Marti's Musings                              Heart to Heart at Home
Chronicles of Nani                          gr8day2save
Thoughts N Such                             Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life
elephantislove


If you do not wish to be tagged let me know and I will  remove you from the list.

Happy Sewing!

Comments

Marti said…
I responded to your tag. That was fun.
Jo-anne Blossy said…
Thanks for the tag. I hope I can get around to playing soon :) I promise I will answer the questions soon.
punkychewster said…
Thanks for the tag!! Can I call you Nana Glo? haha Happy New Year and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones.

I will do the tag post soon! I promise! I have to get to work in a few minutes... I will let you know when it's done!

P.S. I went back and corrected my grammar just in case... :P
Gloria Haynes said…
Thanks to all of you for responding and Marti, I loved your answers. Can't wait to read your book!

Hey Blossy take your time I know it is alot, so just let me know because I want to read your answers! I think these games are so much fun and give us all the opportunity know each other just a little bit better!

Hey Punky, you may call me Nana Glo! Yes, do be sure to let me know when your post goes up! (and by all means double check that grammer! LOL) Don't work too hard today, I go back on Tuesday. ugh

Thanks again to all 3 of you! Happy New Year!
Thanks for thinking of me, Glo!! I hope you have a wonderful New Year!!! I don't know when I'll get a chance to really get caught up on everything in the bloggy world. It's been fun having my whole family home for a couple weeks! But, it sure has put me behind. :)
Unknown said…
My husband does all the cooking in my house too and I know what you mean about the clean up!! Hahah. So fun to read your facts, thanks for keeping the tag chain going. =)
Nani said…
Thanks for including me, Glo! It was fun, but I will confess that I didn't follow the rules about selecting 11 people! (I'm definitely not the one to host a candle party or anything like that either, I'm just not good at pushing people unless I'm wearing a manager title!)

But here's mine: http://chroniclesofnani.blogspot.com/2012/01/ive-been-tagged.html

And it was a lot of fun, in a kinda Nanicentric way.
Unknown said…
Hey, Glo! Thanks so much for thinking of me in this tag. Sorry, it took me so long to get to completing it. I think you might have known since you tagged me while I was on vacation! :) Well, I'm back and it's scheduled for tomorrow! Wishing you all the best, Sarah

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween and Meet Me On Monday!

Pillow Talk and The Week in Review

Monday Quiz About Me 8-13-2012