Summer Break Brings Lazy Days


I realize it is not officially summer, but I have been taking it easy and enjoying my first week of summer break.  I know it has been a while since I last posted here, but sometimes I just have to be lazy and do nothing!  I know it isn't very productive, but it sure is enjoyable!

I have not been so lazy that I have neglected my sewing!  I have made a large crib blanket and also a little dress and diaper cover for Harper. She will be joining us sometime this month, I can't wait to see that little bundle of joy!

The dress I made was New Look number 6793.  Which is an adorable little dress that ties on the shoulders.



I made a size small which fits up to 13 pounds.( shortly after I made it my  daughter-in-law found out by ultrasound that Harper already weighs 7lb. and 10 oz.  Oh my goodness!)  The pattern include some appliques, but I chose to machine embroider a butterfly on the front instead.  The appliques seemed a bit large to me.  I also chose the view that has no ruffle along the hem.(will save that one until she is a little older)  The view I chose has an extra piece along the bottom that turns up on the right side of the fabric to form a hem which adds a little something around the hem line.  I used the same fabric as the dress, it calls for coordinated fabric, but it is such a small dress, I didn't want it to seem to "busy".




I found the diaper cover I made at dana-made-it.com it is called The Perfect Diaper Cover and it really is.  It is a breeze to make and only takes a few minutes. I used PUL (polyurethane laminate) made by Babyville Boutique and used braided elastic, also made by Babyville, around the legs and waist. A free pattern and a complete tutorial are available at Dana-made-it.  She has a great website with many tutorials for all kinds of very cute items.




I made a burpcloth/changing pad using the PUL and flannel too.  It is my own pattern, if you want to call it that.   It is a 19 inch by 14 inch rectangle,PUL on one side and faced with flannel. I rounded the corners and then serged along the edge.  Easy, peasy!




The blanket was easy too, of course! I used baby fleece and the blanket is 54 inches by 60 inches and is finished with satin blanket binding.




Two of my grandchildren are celebrating Birthdays this week.  Happy Birthday to Meredith, my grand-daughter in North Carolina, she turned 15 today!(6-1)



Happy Birthday to Chanan, my grandson in Tennessee,  he will be 15 tomorrow! (6-2) I love you both very much!



Hopefully it won't be two weeks before I post again, but if it is just know I am out and about enjoying some much needed off time!

Happy Sewing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween and Meet Me On Monday!

Pillow Talk and The Week in Review

Monday Quiz About Me 8-13-2012