Counting Blessings

The last few months have been grueling and I am ready for a new year and hopefully a good year!  My husband has been ill and is slowly recovering, it has been a very long process.  He spent 16 days in the hospital last October and 8 of those days were spent in Intensive Care Units.  The two main arteries going to his intestines were blocked and it took the doctors what seemed like forever to discover what was going on.  I almost lost him, my world almost crumbled, but with God's help he survived and is on his way to a slow but complete recovery.

On top of my husband's illness, my daughter was in ICU a couple of weeks ago.  Her son found her unconscious and having seizures.  Turns out her doctor had her on meds that should not be taken together.  It was a very intense time until she regained consciousness and was able to be moved out of ICU and into her own room.  I am happy to say she is recovering and getting stronger and healthier every day.  There was some fear that her heart had been permanently damaged, but it has also found its way to a complete recovery and is as good as new (thankfully).

I would like to take a moment to thank my friends and family for all the prayers.  The strength I received from you is beyond words and we would have never made it through without you.

These near death experiences for my husband and daughter have been a wake-up call and reminder that I have so very much to be thankful for.  My life is filled with love and joy as I continue to nurse my husband back to a full and healthy life and watch my daughter continue with her life and the business of raising her wonderful family. Thank you God for all of your blessings.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, and remember to be thankful for all you have not only on Thanksgiving but every day.  Let those you love know it today,  you never know what tomorrow will bring.

See you soon,
Happy sewing and creating
Glo

Comments

punkychewster said…
Oh dear Nana Glo, I'm sorry to hear about your family and I pray that your husband and daughter will have a speedy recovery. I was thinking about you because I haven't heard from your blog in awhile. When it comes down to the little things, good health is one thing that we should never take for granted!

I hope your family will be able to share a peaceful and quiet Christmas together as your husband and daughter are nursed back to health.
Gloria Haynes said…
Thank you so much for your sweet comment Punky. It means so much to me. Hope you and your family have a wonderful and joyous Christmas Holiday. Look for me next year!
punkychewster said…
Just checking back! Hope everything is well with your family. Merry Christmas Nana Glo! I'll be looking forward to more posts next year!
Gloria Haynes said…
Things are looking up for us Punky. Thank you so much for checking on me! I hope you have a wonderful and bright new year and will I be back to my regular postings in January! Love to you Punky!
Gloria Haynes said…
should read I will not will I, lol

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween and Meet Me On Monday!

Pillow Talk and The Week in Review

Monday Quiz About Me 8-13-2012