Monday Quiz About Me 7-9-2012

Acting Balanced


This week I am joining up with Acting Balanced for the Monday Quiz About Me.  Every week she has 4 questions to answer, plus a 5th question can be added by me.  This is loads of fun, so if you wish to add your blog to the list and join us, visit Acting Balanced and join up!

Here are the questions for this week, plus one of my own.

1. What are two must haves when you go on a road trip?

2. What is your favorite amusement park ride?

3. Post favorite picture from the last six months?

4. What do you (did you) call your grandparents?   If you are a grandparent what do your grandchildren call you?

5.  With record breaking heat in most of the country this summer, what have you been doing to try to beat the heat?


Here are my answers:

1.  My two must haves for a road trip are a cooler filled with ice and bottled water or soft drinks and my Ipod and speaker.



2.  In my younger years I loved all the amusement park rides, but I have to admit that a nice ride on the carousel is about all I can handle now.  Other rides either make me sick, dizzy or both!

Carousel at the Chattanooga Zoo


3.This is my son, my daughter-n-law and my newest grand-daughter, Harper. She is 4 weeks this Monday(today). She is their first child and my heart sings each time I see them all together! (well my heart sings whenever I see her, but it really sings loud when they are together as a family!




4.  I called my grandmothers ( I never knew either of my grandfathers) Grandmother Land or Campbell.  My grandchildren call me NaNa (nahnah) but my step grandchildren call me GG (Grandmother Gloria).


5.  I don't know what kind of weather you are having, but the heat has been all but unbearable here.  We also have had wind storms, something we never have!  I did not even know you could have such wind without even any rain or lightening!  We spent a week at the beach, other than that, I have pretty much stayed in the house with the airconditioner to beat the heat this summer.  Sure hope this heat wave breaks soon and cooler temps head our way!

Have a wonderful Monday!

Happy Sewing!

Comments

Yes the weather has been really crazy. Someone said we will see this kind of weather because there is so much energy created by the heat. I love the picture of your grandchild. Congratulations!!
Gloria Haynes said…
I have heard that the heat is responsible for the wind storms too. sure will be nice when this heat breaks! Have a great day.
Arlene said…
It's been hot all across the country. I know here in South Florida the temps themselves have been relatively normal, in the upper 80s and low 90s, but the humidity makes it feel like we're in the low 100s which is stifling. We got lots of rain yesterday, so I'm hoping that will help bring the temps down!

Congratulations on your new granddaughter - what a blessing from heaven! Enjoy her, grandma!

Have a blessed week.
Hi, do you live in Chattanooga, Tennessee? I live there for 2 years once.
Lovely family....
Mama Bear
Kathy said…
I, too, mentioned about the heat for my fifth question! I'm staying indoors A LOT, or when I begin to get "cabin fever", we go and enjoy the sea breeze for the day. What a summer!
Gloria Haynes said…
Arlene, thank you and you are so right, Harper is a blessing from Heaven!

Hey Mama Bear, I was born and raised in Chattanooga. All of my family still live there, but I now live about 50 miles north east of Chattanooga.

I agree Kathy, "what a summer"!

Thanks for visiting you guys and have a wonderful Monday!
Nani said…
The family photo with your new granddaughter is priceless!!

Last week I was roasting sitting in the sun in near 100 degree temps. This week I'm back in the air-conditioned house and too cold (Hubby likes it much colder than I do_ After being too hot an too cold so close to each other, I've decided I prefer being too hot. I wish I was more able to get out into the heat!

Truthfully though, while I prefer the 90s and 100s to the 60s,I'd rather have it dry and 80s! :)
Jennifer said…
Congrats on your grandchild!
I'm staying in the AC this summer!! :) I burn too easily.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween and Meet Me On Monday!

Pillow Talk and The Week in Review

Monday Quiz About Me 8-13-2012