Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Do You Etsy?

I am opening an Etsy store. (YAY)   I really don't know why it has taken me so long.  I have already started placing items in my store, but when I think about the Grand Opening, I start to sweat, get a rapid pulse, and find it difficult to breathe. Hope all this stress end with the opening!  Many things keep me awake at night, just kidding it isn't that bad, but I do think about a lot of different things....Will it be an enjoyable experience?  Will I have many (if any) sells?  Will it be worth the time and effort I have put into it?  What if shipping cost more than I estimate?  What about tax and record keeping?  These are all questions I have running through my head.  


Do You Etsy?  If you have an Etsy account please let  me know what you think, either by commenting or sending me an email ( you can  find my email address at the bottom this post)

I am working hard to have several things ready to go on my opening day.  I am starting off slow and will decide what to do from there.  I think I will be ready for the Grand Opening by the end of this month or the first of August.  I will let everyone know when I open.  Hope to see you all there.


**contact info... haynes.gloria@gmail.com**
Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so excited! I can`t wait until you get it open! I believe you will do fantastic!

Glo Haynes said...

Thanks Carrie, I am excited and nervous all at the same time!

punkychewster said...

Yay Nana Glo, you go girl! I can't wait to see the grand opening. I don't do any tax or record keeping just because i'm not making serious money from it!! i do it as a side hobby so i don't stress out if they don't sell. But if you're planning to go big with it, i hope you get some good advice. :)

You can join some Etsy teams and check out their blog and forums to get some advice too!


Good luck and you'll do great!

Glo Haynes said...

Punky! Thank you so much, you are always so encouraging! I don't really plan on going big either. Just a little fun and maybe some money to help support my hobby! You have such a great store, I hope I do as well as you! Thanks again!

punkychewster said...

P.s. you should totally sell baby/ children's stuff!