Dress For Baby Harper



This was such  a joyous project and so much fun!  I love the Kwik Sew pattern #3901 and it all went together like a breeze!




I really love the fabric and the colors.   I think the colors really compliment each other.



This was the first time I have ever made little bloomers.  They look so cute, even unfinished!




But finished they are even cuter!  I love the skirt effect!  This pattern does have some ruffles,  but using a zig zag stitch over a piece of yarn to make your gathers is much easier then doing the two rows of stitching.  If you have never tried the zig zag over yarn trick, try it next time you do gathers.  I love it, gathers don't even worry me any more!  (I hope to one day have a ruffling foot, that would even be better!)




I added a little bow to the right lower front.  I just felt it needed a little something.




The Pattern called for the back to close the other way, but I guess I am just opposite of normal lol, I like it with the overlap going to the left.  I used flat buttons so they won't dig into Harper as she naps or sits in her car seat.




I can't wait to see Harper wearing this little dress, well I can't wait to see Harper period!!  If you are looking for a cute pattern for baby, and one that is easy to make you should try Kwik Sew 3901.  It really is a great pattern!  Happy Sewing!

Comments

Unknown said…
It's super cute, I agree the colors do compliment each other..Love the bloomers..
Gloria Haynes said…
Thanks Debbie! I think the bloomers make the outfit! Have a great weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween and Meet Me On Monday!

Pillow Talk and The Week in Review

Monday Quiz About Me 8-13-2012