Box Full of Baby Goodies



The baby shower for Harper was yesterday. She had a great turn out of family to celebrate the anticipation of her birth sometime in June. She is going to be the best dressed  baby girl in town! Christa was absolutely glowing with pride and excitement!




I have had so much fun getting ready for Baby Harper! Although she is not my first grandchild (not by a long shot!) she is the first one to be born since I have taken up sewing again, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed sewing for children! I made a few things last summer for my grand-daughters and plan to make a lot more, but it has really been fun getting ready for a newborn!



Packing the box for the shower gift was so much fun, I had bought a few things, a book of lullabies with the cd to match, the wireless video baby monitor they wanted, a couple of wrist rattlers, two door hangers one that says, "shh, mommy is napping" and one that says,  "quiet, the princess is sleeping", and a set of small snack keepers.




To these things I added the items that were made by Nana for my special little one!  The first thing was the turtle blankie I made and blogged about in my post Quick and Easy Baby Blanket.




 Next was a Turquoise  Minky blanket I made with a satin border.  It is so soft and cuddly, I almost wanted to keep it!  LOL


Next was the  white with pink border blankie I made.  It is a very light weight cotton (Ballard Bliss) for those summer days and nights when she will need a little something, but a regular blankie would be too warm.



Last, was the little top and bloomers set I blogged about on my post Dress for Baby Harper.  It is so darling!  It was a big hit at the shower!




I covered it all with a piece of tissue, placed the card on top and put the lid on the box.


 I had wrapped the box and lid separately, which made for easy opening and closing.
 


What a great Saturday it was!

I have so many more ideas for things I am going to make for Harper!  Believe me, you will be seeing more!

Happy Sewing!

Comments

punkychewster said…
Oh wow! Nana Glo! That's a great present for baby Harper! I absolutely adore the set of baby clothes, especially the bloomers!! You are my sewing inspiration!!!
Gloria Haynes said…
Thank you Punky! I am not sure I have ever inspired anyone before! I love the bloomers too, I love the the way the ruffles make them look like a little skirt!

Have a great Sunday!
Nani said…
I absolutely love how the outfit with the ruffled pans turned out, totally adorable! What a great box of goodies!

I'm a Nana too, but a different kind. Nana is as far as my nieces got with "Aunt Nani" Almost 18 years later, I’m still Nana! :)
Gloria Haynes said…
Hay Nani! thank you so much! How cool that your nieces call you Nana! From one Nana to another...have a great week!
Lisa said…
How sweet! You got some really great stuff; lucky baby Harper! You are extremely talented! I wish I could sew like you!

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

P.S. Thanks for linking up to the GTKY weekend blog hop! :)
Gloria Haynes said…
Hey Lisa, thank you so much for the sweet comment! I am so excited about Harper, can you tell? lol

See you next weekend on the GTKY blog hop! Have a great week!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween and Meet Me On Monday!

Pillow Talk and The Week in Review

Monday Quiz About Me 8-13-2012