Health, Fun, Sewing Info

Health:
This has been a busy week for me.  I would like to let you know that my Nuclear Stress Test came back normal!  That is one thing I can stop worrying about!  I might add that I am certainly glad that I have health insurance.  That test was almost six thousand dollars.  I don't think any medical test should cost that much!  I really don't know how people that have no health insurance benefits can get the medical care they need.  Something has to be done about the cost of medical care in this country!


Fun:
Yesterday I went to a Cookie Lee show.  I had never seen the Cookie Lee line of jewelry before and they really have some very nice things.  I was amazed at all the different items they had to offer and the prices were very reasonable.  They had a little something for everyone, from young girls to really big pieces of bling!  They had some really cute ankle bracelets and some toe rings that I would have loved in my younger years.  I purchased a necklace (that can be worn several different ways, most of their necklaces are very versatile!) the matching bracelet and some earrings.  If you have never seen this line of jewelry before you can check them out here, I think you will like what you see.  If you live in the Chattanooga area and are interested in learning more about Cookie Lee, leave me a comment with your email and I will be happy to give you the name and number of a great consultant!

Sewing Info:
I am hoping to teach my grand-daughter, Anna, to sew this summer.  I have been checking out books that I think will get her creative juices flowing!  LOL She is only 13 so I have been looking for something that is easy to follow and will give her an idea of everything involved when you begin to create your own clothes and accessories.  I recently purchased Sewing For Dummies by Jan Saunders Maresh (not to suggest Anna is a dummy in any way).  It is a very good book for beginners.

It covers everything you can think of from knowing your sewing machine to choosing fabric and notions. It even has some basic and very easy items to sew. If you are wanting to learn how to sew, check this book out. It is available at Amazon for less then $20.!

Another great book is Nancy Zieman's Sewing A to Z: Your Source for Sewing and Quilting Tips and Techniques.  It is also available on Amazon.  I love Nancy Zieman, I have been watching her on Sewing With Nancy for years.  She is an expert in every aspect of sewing so you can feel sure her books will always leave you with the knowledge you are longing for!


This is a great book for beginners also, it even includes instruction on quilting. If you have never watched Sewing with Nancy before, check your local PBS listings, it usually airs on the weekend. For more books written by Nancy and for great notions and all your sewing needs, check out Nancy's website, Nancy's Notions.

Hopefully by this summer Anna and I will be ready to have some fun, with  both of us utilizing the info we have taken from the many wonderful tips and ideas in these books.

Hope all of you have a wonderful week!
Happy Sewing!

Comments

carrie said…
I love your blogs!
Nani said…
Glad all is normal health-wise! I know what you mean about healthcare costs! I take a pill for MS that’s $4500 A MONTH! I still have to have assistance to pay the copay! But it’s a pill that makes a huge difference and I wonder if I’d learn how to steal to make sure I have if I lost my insurance. There’s something not right about acting like an addict just to manage a disease!


I almost want to host a party for that bracelet! Thy have some pretty nice stuff in their catalog!

The “For Dummies” series are great books! I’m still waiting to see “IQ Tests for Dummies” hehe :) But I have a few of those. They’re great for reference and being able to look up any detail and not have to fear asking a “stupid question.” What an exciting summer project with your granddaughter!
Gloria Haynes said…
Hey Nani, so sorry to hear of the MS, I didn't know and you are so correct about the cost of medical care, when you have to consider stealing just to have the meds you need it is a sad state of affairs! Sure hope you always are able to get your meds!

I am looking so forward to this summer with Anna. It is going to be much fun and my daughter just might learn too! Yay!
Have a great day.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween and Meet Me On Monday!

Pillow Talk and The Week in Review

Monday Quiz About Me 8-13-2012