Meet Me On Monday....Christmas Edition
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Meet Me On Monday...Christmas Edition
Meet Me On Monday....Christmas Edition
1.Wrapping paper or gift bags?
2.Real or artificial tree?
3.When do you put your tree up?
4.When do you take your tree down?
5.Do you like eggnog?
6.Do you have a nativity scene?
7.Favorite Christmas Movie?
8.Favorite Christmas cookie?
9.Where will you eat Christmas dinner?
10.Angel, bow or star on top of your tree?
11.Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
12.Do you like Fruitcake?
13.What are you most excited about the holidays?
14.Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
15.Will you still be wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
Here are my answers:
1. I use both wrapping paper and gift bags. I try to always wrap a gift that is for a child, just seems more exciting then pulling something out of a bag, but I have to admit there have been times that I used a bag even for a child when I was running short of time.
2. I used to always have a real tree, when my children were small we went to a tree farm and purchased a tree, roots and all, and later planted it in our yard. As our yard begin to fill with X Christmas trees we bought an artificial tree. I love an artificial tree, sure they don't smell as nice, but the clean up is a breeze and I think they are less of a fire hazard.
3. When I put my tree up just depends on what is going on. I really like to put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but sometimes (like this year) that just don't happen. I try to have it up by the 19th. That is my birthday and I usually have company that day and it is just nice to have my decorations up. Makes it a more festive birthday celebration.
4. I take my tree down almost always by the first day of the new year. I have always heard that bad luck will come your way if your tree stays up any longer. I guess I am a bit superstitious, huh?
5. I do not like eggnog. Maybe it taste wonderful, but I cannot get past the consistency! There is just no way I could ever drink anything that looks so disgusting!
6. Yes, I do have a nativity scene. That has always been an important part of Christmas in my family. After all Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Christ.
7. My favorite Christmas movie has always been "It's A Wonderful Life". I have to watch it at least once every year!
8. I don't think a decorated sugar cookie can be beat. That has to be my all time favorite. Just the taste brings back a rush of memories from when my children were small and we made and decorated cookies not only for us to enjoy, but to also leave out for Santa. Also more recent memories come to mind of when my daughters and I have made and decorated them with my Grands during my birthday weekend! Christmas cookies come with such love and joy. I love Christmas cookies.
9. My husband and I will eat Christmas dinner at home or at his daughter's house. Most of our celebrating will be done on Christmas Eve this year, so Christmas Day will be a day of quiet and sweet relaxation.
10. I have a large crown on top of my tree. It is red velvet trimmed in gold.
12. No, I do not like fruit cake.
13. I am so excited to see my family. My Children and Grands will be here on Christmas Eve and it is such a happy time, with love and happiness surrounded with wonderful conversations, walks down memory lane, and the joy of the grands opening their gifts. I love Christmas Eve!
14. We open our gifts with my family on Christmas Eve. If the hubby and I exchange gifts we open ours on Christmas morning, but most of the time we buy one large item as a gift to and from both of us, and when we do that, we buy it before Christmas. We had Christmas with his family this year on Thanksgiving because his daughter came in from North Carolina, on the years that she comes on Christmas we celebrate on Christmas Day, on those years we open gifts both days, Christmas Eve and Day!
15. I hope to have all of my gifts wrapped before Christmas Eve, but I have to admit there have been times when I was wrapping right up to the last minute on Christmas Eve. I think that is just way to stressful and I strive to have it all done several days before.
Well that is it for Meet Me On Monday. I hope each and everyone of you have a Blessed Christmas and a wonderful and bright New Year.
I most likely will not be posting this week, but will be back bright eyed and bushy tailed with a great new post next week.