This week has been an awesome week. On a personal note, I was able to finally download all the music and videos I had on my Ipod Nano 3rd generation to my new Ipod Touch. I have to say that this is something I have been working on for weeks, but last night a light bulb went off and I realized it had been right in front of me all the time! Oh well!
Halloween went a lot better this year, I had 3 spooky visitors. When compared to last year, that is 3 times more!
I also had an awesome invitation from Michelle over at Heartfelt Balance / Handmade Life to be the featured blogger on her Sit and Relax Weekend Hop! I am so very happy and excited about this and would like to publicly thank Michelle for this honor! Sure hope everyone will visit her blog and check out the hop which will go live at 10 pm on Thursday (11-10-11).
Now for the project for this past weeek:
Last month I was picking my brain trying to come up with something to make each of my grands as a little token of Christmas. I have 13 and needed something that would not be too time consuming or too expensive. While I was reading the Winter '11 issue of Simple Quilts and Sewing
I went fabric shopping and found several fabrics I really love. I made two yesterday, and have cut out some to make today. I will be able to finish these before Thanksgiving and still have time to do more for friends and family!
Some of the fabrics I chose
Remember to check out Heartfelt Balance/Handmade Life and link up to her weekend blog Hop!
Now, Meet Me On Monday
1. Are you excited for the holidays or are you dreading them?
2. Do you hit the snooze button or get right up?
3. Do you still have your tonsils?
4. What was the last piece of candy that you ate?
5. Do you shop at thrift stores?
And here are my answers:
1. I am so excited about the holidays. All my kids and grands will be here on Christmas Eve and we will have a wonderful time. We play a game called "Dirty Santa" and it is such fun. It is a time for sharing gifts and love, it is a very important holiday in my family!
2. When the alarm goes off in the morning I am usually already awake and listening for it, but still I usually hit the snooze one time. I really don't know why I don't just go ahead and get up because I turn the alarm off and get up before it can go off again!
3. No! I do not still have my tonsils, I had my tonsils out when I was 15. I thought it was going to be great, all the ice cream I wanted and missing school! Well let me tell you trying to eat that ice cream they brought me was the biggest surprise of my life, thought I was going to die! But in 4 days I had recovered enough that my Mom let me be in the Christmas Parade in the pouring rain! Ha Ha, yes I was a crazy teenager, but I survived!
4. The last piece of candy I ate was a bag of goobers that we had left from Halloween. I don't eat candy very often ( control my diabetes with diet and exercise) but I did eat that and it was wonderful! YUM