My New Love...Fat Quarters

I have discovered a new love in my life, fat quarters.  Fat Quarters are a collection of a fabric line with each individual fabric piece cut into "fat" quarters of a yard that usually measure around 18 by 21 inches.  They are generally used for quilting, but there are many books now dedicated to the different uses of fat quarters.

Just looking at some of these great collections makes my mouth water!  The one pictured below gets my creative juices flowing and I can imagine all sorts of wonderful things created with this fantastic collection.

This collection by Michele D'Amore was inspired by gorgeous handkerchiefs.  http://www.clotilde.com.




With Christmas right around the corner, I can see so many special surprises that could be made with the fat quarters pack pictured below.  I found this collection at http://www.fatquartershop.com .  They always have beautiful fabrics.


Also from http://www.fatquartershop.com is this great collection that is bound to cheer up and bring many smiles to that special little one in your life.


Of course there are many,many more collections of all kinds of themes and colors. Some are sure to get you dreaming of what you could create.  I have listed a few books that I found on Amazon.  I hope you can find something that interest you.









Take a look at your favorite fabric store or look online at some of the great sources of fat quarters.  I hope they inspire you as much as they inspire me!

Happy Sewing

Comments

tiff snedaker said…
That grinch fabric is so so cute! I don't sew, but have a mom who loves to sew. :)

Following from the blog hop, and would love a comment here or a follow!
http://www.babesandkidsreview.com/2011/09/nature-made-vitamins-a-better-me/
This really is inspiring and looks like a lot of fun can be had and a lot of great stuff created! xx
Visit The Other Side Of Cool
Tweet me! @othersideofcool

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween and Meet Me On Monday!

Pillow Talk and The Week in Review

Monday Quiz About Me 8-13-2012