Fit For A Princess

My great-niece recently celebrated her 4Th birthday.  Everyone attended the event that was held at my sister's house and were greatly entertained by this "Little Princess".  LOL

She is all into everything Princess so of course I had to tackle a sewing project just for her. I made her a princess skirt out of netting and tulle. It turned out rather cute, but I am not at all sure I would do it again. I had no idea where to even start and had to muddle my way through. I did finally get it all together and was happy with the finished product.


 I layered different colors of 6 inch by 18 inch tulle over two layers of netting, one pink and one purple. Gathered all of this onto a piece of 16 inch elastic and added a ribbon rose on the front.
I purchased a pair of purple leggings for her to wear under the skirt and cut them off to the length of cropped pants and added a touch of embellishment with decorative stitching in turquoise around the hemline.  I also purchased a 
tee shirt and embellished it with an iron on glittering  crown.

I made a wand out of a dowel by covering it with several different colored lengths of ribbon and allowed them to flow off the end. I added a small glittery foam crown for her to wear on her head and voila an outfit made for a Princess!

I know she will have a ball dressing up in this outfit and maybe even think of her ole Aunt Glo in the process!

Happy Sewing Everyone.

Comments

carrie said…
This is sew cute!
Gloria Haynes said…
thank you Carrie! Love the way you spell so (sew)!!
Anonymous said…
I think this turned out darling! I appreciate you checking out my blog and for the comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween and Meet Me On Monday!

Pillow Talk and The Week in Review

Monday Quiz About Me 8-13-2012